In the summer of 1864, Governor Evans petitioned Washington for permission to recruit a militia, but until the War Department authorized a militia, Tyler's Rangers, an independent company recruited from the Black Hawk mining region patrolled the South Paltte. After leaving Denver on August 19th, the company patrolled up the Cut-off to the headwaters of Bijou Creek, then to the Juncion, camping at Douglas Ranche (later Murray's Ranch), on to Godfrey's Ranch and along the Platt River Road past O'Fallon Bluffs before turning back west. The Company was relieved of service on October 14th.
Dyer, Frederick H. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion
https://books.google.com/books?id=UPcDFJAZ9JYC&pg=PT88&lpg=PT88 &dq=Tyler's+Rangers+Colorado&source=bl&ots=Atifd23KAt&sig= 60YTxAy1FORW8beEqnX5Zh6ak4w&hl=en&sa=X&ei=_ s2HUMOiI4_o8QSY1ICoDw&ved=0CCoQ6AEwAjgK